The DVUSC has developed this policy to inform players, parents and prospective coaches about the Club’s arrangements for recruiting, selecting and appointing coaches.
2. Policy Statement
This policy aims to provide clear information about the coach selection process and the Club’s expectations and requirements.
All DVUSC coaching positions are declared vacant at the end of each season. An advertisement for expressions of interest (EOI) will be placed on the club’s website and distributed via email to the club’s player/parent/coach database at the end of each season.
The DVUSC Executive Committee and DVUSC Football Sub-Committee has the discretion to seek additional candidates by other means.
The DVUSC Football sub-committee will be responsible for interviewing all candidates and making making all coaching appointments.
All applicants will be required to submit a written application using the DVUSC Coach Application Form. All applicants will be subject to an interview regardless of whether they are the only applicant.
The coach application, presentation during the interview and response to questions from the coach selection sub-committee will be used to evaluate coach applicants.
It is expected that all junior coaches appoint an assistant coach who will be subject to the same interview process. Wherever possible, the coach and assistant coach will be interviewed at the same time. Where a junior coach doesn’t appoint an assistant, the club will make this appointment.
As part of this process, it is a requirement that all prospective coaches and assistant coaches sign the DVUSC Coaches Code of Conduct and commit to follow the club’s policies, procedures and philosophies.
- In normal circumstances, appointments for seniors teams will be made by mid October each year. Junior teams from U13 upwards will be made by mid November each year, with appointments for other levels made as early as practicable in the new year. It is expected that all appointments will be finalised within six weeks of the Round 1 game.
- All coaching positions will be appointed at the discretion of the DVUSC Executive Committee.
- All appointments will be confirmed in writing.
- All coaches to attain minimum FFV Skill Training Certificate – Skill Acquisition Phase. The DVUSC will sponsor all coaches to attend training to attain these qualifications.
- The Football sub-committee will also determine any additional licences or certificates required for any particular DVUSC team.
- All coaches, trainers and team officials are required to obtain a valid Working with Children check.
Date: 26 Oct 2022
Review Date: 26 Oct 2022
Proposer/Approver: Jason Innes